Information for shareholders

Find details of who to contact if you have queries regarding your shareholding and get instructions on how to manage your share account online.

Contact us

Individual shareholders

Private investors with questions about their shareholding (for example transfers of shares, changes of names or address, lost share certificates or dividend cheques) should contact our Hong Kong registrar (details below). Only shareholders who are resident in the Hong Kong SAR can hold shares on the Hong Kong register.

Hong Kong Overseas Branch Register
Computershare Hong Kong Investor Services Limited, Rooms 1712-1716,
17th Floor, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East,
Hong Kong SAR

Telephone: +852 2862 8555

Visit the investor contacts page on our global corporate website to find contact details for the London Principal Company Register and the Bermuda Overseas Branch Register.

Hong Kong Investor Relations team

Institutional shareholders who have enquiries or need information relating to HSBC’s strategy and financial and business performance can contact our Investor Relations team in Hong Kong.


Mark Phin
Head of Investor Relations ASP

Laurence Chan
Senior Investor Relations Manager

Tenny Chau
Investor Relations Manager

If you would like to receive shareholder information and updates from HSBC via email, please send your name and email address to To receive updates in Chinese, please email

Managing your shareholding online

Shareholders can manage their shareholding online on the Computershare website run by HSBC’s Registrars. This allows you to view your shareholding and dividend payments, amend your personal details and request that dividends are paid directly into your bank account.

To sign up or log in to the Computershare website, please use the link below:

Hong Kong Overseas Branch Register

To register, you will need your Shareholder Reference Number, which can be found on your share certificates, dividend tax vouchers and other shareholder communications.

Once you have logged in to the Computershare website you can also ask for dividends to be paid directly into your bank account. Simply select the tab ‘Update my Details’ followed by the option ‘Bank Instructions Update’.

If your shares are registered in a different location, visit our global corporate website for information on how to manage your shareholding.

Sign up for electronic communications

On the Computershare website you can also register to receive shareholder documents by email. The documents we currently make available by email are: the Annual Report and Accounts; Strategic Report; Interim Report; notices of shareholders’ meetings; dividend circulars; and notifications of your dividend entitlement.

To sign up, use the following link (you will require your Shareholder Reference Number):

Hong Kong Overseas Branch Register

Once you have registered, we will send you an email each time a new document is made available. Email addresses will not be used for any purpose other than communicating with you as a shareholder.

You may revoke your registration or request a printed copy of any shareholder communication from the Registrars, at any time.

Annual Report

Our Annual Report and Accounts and related documents are available to download on our global corporate website.

Shareholders who wish to receive a paper copy should contact HSBC’s Registrars using the contact details above.

Related content on

Investor FAQs

Find the answers to frequently asked questions about investing in HSBC.

Manage your shareholding

Visit our global corporate website for further information on how to manage your shareholding.